Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn Colors


With less then a week before Autumn is officially upon us, we have to question whether mother nature is aware of what the calendar claims.  We here in California and probably many states/countries, would love to feel like autumn is about to start. We would love to feel cooler days, the ability to cuddle up on the couch at night, under a blanket, and to watch the "colors" of autumn start to appear.

Colors of autumn are one of my favorites to decorate with. My house is naturally decorated in the darker reds, olive greens and harvest oranges with great accents of chocolate brown and toupee/beige.  So when Autumn arrives  I can't wait to pull out the extra colors of fall and decorate for autumn for two months straight. I start the first week of October and go til the weekend after thanksgiving. Its so easy and really gives the feel of different seasons from within, even if the weather outside is not on the same page.

Greetings for Autumn - $2.00 per card 8"x5"
When I think about the "colors" of Autumn I think golden yellows, harvest oranges, burnt reds, and even a hint of olive greens. But I realize that commercially (within the retail stores) October is all but an array of orange (October being Halloween, Halloween means pumpkins, Pumpkins are orange) and it isn't till November that the real range of great colors seem to show up. So to celebrate the need for more "Colors" of Autumn, here is a large greeting card for Sale. Feel free to contact me via email to place your order of Autumn cards.****  Jolenemc08@outlook.com

The lack of such colors is a pity though, for before we even get into October, Christmas decorations are upon us with no real chance to enjoy the love of autumn without worrying about the stress of the holidays. So with that I will not start the selling of my Holiday cards here, just yet, for I even have to decide whether to pull my favorite hand stretch card design to resell or create a new one for this season. But I better start soon for though I would love to enjoy the Autumn season, the retail world beckons and if i want my slice of the pie I have to produce early. But no worries I'll talk more about that next time.


So enjoy the last week of Summer, prepare for the Season of Fall and get creative with your sparks of Autumn around your home. I'll post my decorative moments within the beginning of October as I finish the porch, and the fireplace mantel.

Thanks for reading, talk to you soon!


**** Cards are printed 2 or 4 up per sheet, each sheet costing $4. Orders over 50 cards, are $3.40 per sheet. Envelopes included, payments received via Pay Pal. Shipping $10 for under 50 cards, $15 for 50-100 cards. Larger orders to be quoted.



Keep your eyes open for this next post:


   To Re-Sell or To Re-Create? That is the Question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...